Pune: Through the Coronavirus outbreak and lockdowns that have grasped the country for around five months Mukul Madhav Foundation (MMF), CSR partner of Finolex Industries Limited, has been supporting Corona Warriors on several fronts to battle the pandemic.
The Foundation that will be celebrating its 22nd Foundation Day on July 26 had formulated a pre-preparedness strategy to fight the pandemic since mid-February itself, which has helped it provide unhindered support whenever and wherever required in these difficult times.
The Management officials of MMF had consulted professionals from the Medical Fraternity, authorities, and those that are working in the social arena to ascertain the most important need that will arise, due to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic.
“From individuals to our economy is suffering due to COVID-19. Therefore, Finolex Industries and its CSR partner Mukul Madhav Foundation welcome like-minded organizations and friends to keep the fire burning so that together we can reach the peak and beyond to help as many as possible,” said Mrs. Ritu Prakash Chhabria, Managing Trustee, MMF.
Support provided by MMF through the pandemic:
• The Foundation provided life-saving medical equipment like masks, sanitizers, PPE suits, and various other requirements to the Sassoon General Hospital, a tertiary Government Hospital.
• Punyadham Ashram (for senior citizens), HIV+ women support group, other self-help groups, and skilling centers supported by the Foundation donated handmade masks to Sassoon, police force, ASHA ANM nurses in primary health centers, newspaper vendors and journalists and migrant families.
• Finolex collaborated with Science and Technology Park, Pune, and provided Scitech Airon Ion Generators titled Scitech Airon, which help control the virus, bacteria, and fungal infections in a closed environment. Four hospitals and 32 major police stations have been supported by these.
• Foundation supported JanKalyan Raktapedhi by providing funds for Plasma Therapy. In collaboration with Sassoon, three blood donation camps have been conducted at Lohegoan and Vishrantwadi where 153 units of blood have been collected.
• With support from other organizations like Annamrita Foundation, Food Corporation of India, National Restaurant Corporation of India, Blue Sea and friends from Mumbai, grocery kits and other essentials were provided to migrant families, slum dwellers, daily wage workers, rag pickers, salon workers, physically challenged people, newspaper vendors, students, etc. Along with Venkys, we also donated 1.40 lac eggs to be distributed to patients in COVID-19 hospitals, and the balance was given to slum dwellers of the containment zone.
• Mukul Madhav Vidyalaya in Golap, a fisherman and farming village in Ratnagiri has devised a learning plan for students to take online classes. Foundation is also supporting ITI girls College Aundh, Pune to undergo sessions on health and hygiene by inviting and arranging expert sessions with a team of doctors.
• The Frontline Warriors at various hospitals have been supported with monthly Kindness Kit comprising paste, toothbrush, powder, Knorr soup packets, Suhana turmeric milk.
• The Foundation provided with seeds and training to grow Systematic Rice Intensification and do their own kitchen garden to 150 families through Yuva Parivartan who were returning home with no jobs from Bhiwandi, Mumbai to Wada in Palghar district.